Setting the duration of the cooldown phase
What is the Cooldown Period?
There are different phases of a campaign, of which one of the final phases is the Cooldown period. During this time no new questions are generated yet learners are still able to access their questions already fielded to them. Essentially the Cooldown period allows for learners to complete questions they weren't able to answer during the Active phase of the campaign so learners can get those final points before the campaign closes.
Changing the duration of the Cooldown phase
Administrators can select how long they want the Cooldown period to be for a campaign. Whilst the standard Cooldown period is 2 days, you can now select between 2-7 days for your Cooldown period. This is particularly helpful for learners who are shift workers or casuals who may not be able to answer their questions everyday and might need a bit of extra time to complete their campaign questions.
How to change the length of a Cooldown period
When creating a campaign the Cooldown period can be changed by completing the following steps:
- Login to Yarno
- Click on 'Campaigns' in the top bar
- Click 'Create campaign' which is the yellow button on the top right hand side of the screen
- Add the relevant learners and questions you want to include in the campaign
- You can then change the length of the Cooldown once you reach the 'Campaign Settings' page as shown below:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter the number of days you want the Cooldown length to be in the 'Cooldown length' input box. This feature is shown below:
- Enter any number between 1-7 for the number of Cooldown days before pressing 'Save and Next' at the bottom of the screen
You can also change the Cooldown length of pre-existing draft campaigns by editing a campaign once you reach the 'Campaign Settings' tab.